Lions Club of Segamat’s Feed the Hunger Program
In supporting District 308 B1 Feed the Hunger program, Lioness Dolly Chin mooted the idea of placing a cool fridge in front of her spouse Lion Tee Piaw Tian’s shop. Foods, drinks and sundries contributed by Lions and Lioness Club of Segamat will be placed inside for those in needs. The program was launched in conjunction with Lions Run for REACH Autism Awareness on 16th. October 2016 with over 450 participants.
After been highlighted by Oriental, Sin Chew and China Press as first of its kind in our country, it was picked up reported by STAR and in Sabah Sin Chew. NTV 7 came and interview Lioness Dolly and Lion Tee whereby a segment were recorded and telecasted during 5.30 pm session Mandarin news.
This program had been very successful after publicity by vernacular newspaper, NTV7 and sharing of posting in Facebook. More and more people were visiting the cooler picking up food. Every other day people came with foods, fruits, beverages, dry sundries and even perishables like vegetables to be placed inside the cooler.
Lioness Dolly and her employees would checked and repacked all the foods collected and the excess send to old folks home, orphanage and welfare home. With the support of the general public, the task of maintaining it as a long term program will be made easier.
CSP Project Name : Lions Resources Trip
Club : Lions Club of Tangkak
Club No. : 54991
Sponsor Club : Lions Club of Muar Host
Charter Date : 22nd October 1993
Charter President : Mr.Woon Yean Peng
Centennial President (2016-2017) : Ln.Irene Ng Miew Khee
Project Name : Lions Resources Trip
Project Description :
1. Objective of the Signature Project
A group of 11 cars serve 2 days 1 night to other community requirements such as School, Autism Centre, Retarded Children Centre, Old Folks home, handicap centre, Tree Planting, Enviroment services, Donation of library books, Female drug rebuilt centre, Donation of food parcel and fund to poor family and Lions fellowship.
24/9 to 25/9/2016
3. Members Involved
5. Man hour spent
36 Hours x 55 person = 1980 hours
Once a year
7. Fund needed
8. Source of Fund
Contribution from Lions members
9. Critical success factor
We Serve spirit of the Lions.
10. Other info
1. District Governor 308B1 Flag off ceremony at Tangkak Club house.
2. Arrived SMK Pei Hwa School joint Alpha Leo Club Initiation and installation ceremony.
3. Visit Muar Lions Autism centre giving away food parcel and donation fund.
4. Visit Kiwanis Yong Peng special children centre donation food parcel, fund and have fun with the
children singing song.
5. Visit Miriam old folk home donation food parcel and interaction with homeless old peoples.
6. Visit Pekan Nanas old folk home donation food parcel and giving Angpow to the all homeless old
people and singing song to make them happy but crying…
7. Visit Kulai Handicapped and Mentally disableed children association donation daily supplies such
as biscuit, washing powder, cooking oil, can food, clothings, pampers and others….
8. Fellowship with Lions Member at Kukup Homestay and celebrate moon cake festival.
9. A group members and PCC Ln.Albert Tan Going to the Malaysia No 2 biggest Mangrove Forest
tree planting and enviroment information from Johor state Goverment Forest Department.
10.Visit Pontian Pei Hwa Primary school donation library books and singing song to make the
school students happy and joys.
11.Arrived Ringgit donation food parcel and fund to the sick and poor old people.
12.Visit Batu Pahat Bethany Rehabilitation Centre donation food parcel, singing song to encourage
them and tea time with happiness.
13.Sharing dinner at Tangkak TongHai Restaurant for all the participants, RC6, ZC17 and Lions.
Submitted By : Ln.Lim Meng Yang