Club : Lions Club of Kuala Lumpur Perdana
Club No. : 5245 – 111710
Sponsor Club : Lions Club of Kuala Lumpur City
Charter Date : 31st August 2011
Charter President : Lion Datin Wendy Fu Wai Peng
Centennial President (2016-2017) : Lion Michelle Hew Yen-li
Project Name : Daily Breakfast for Needy Children in Primary Schools
Project Description :
The Project was initiated by Ln Ng Tuck Heng when the Club was chartered.
It is to provide Daily breakfast to needy children whose families cannot afford to provide due to
financial constraints in the families.
In addition, the Club provides fresh fruits such as apples and pears and also biscuits to go with the food supplied by the canteen operators.
3 Primary Schools were selected since 2011:
(1) SJKC Chung Hwa Damansara, Section 17, Petaling Jaya
(2) SJKC Cheng Moh, P Jaya Old Town
(3) SJKC Puay Chai 2, Bandar Utama, P Jaya
1. Objective of the Signature Project
It is to provide a Daily basic simple meal to alleviate Hunger among needy Primary schools children.
From our study and survey, we found the following among poor children:
(1) No breakfast at home before going to school
(2) No pocket money to buy breakfast in school
(3) Borrowing money from classmates to buy food
(4) Sharing their classmates’ food
(5) Looking at their classmates eating
(6) Look lethargic and ired due to hungry stomachs
These move us to provide the basic food for these needy children
3. Members Involved
2 members per week per school
Daily 70 students
5. Man hour spent
27 hours per week – 729 hour per year
Daily (everyday) during normal school days
7. Fund needed
Rm 140.00 per day – Rm 26,460.00 per year
8. Source of Fund
Sponsorship and Club’s Fundraising CTIVITIES
9. Critical success factor
It is the Club’s Vision to see that there are no Hungry Children in Schools
The Club believes in meeting the Basic Health, Educational, Social and Economic needs of Needy Children from poor families.
The Commitment of the Members to alleviate Hunger among poor children and with Public support,
we will be able to see through this Program for the Long-term.
It is the ultimate aim of the Club to have 5 Schools under the Program to provide for 350 students Daily in the near future.
10. Other info
Our Criteria in selecting the students were based on:
(1) family income of Rm 1500.00 and below with 4-6 dependents
(2) single parents with income of below Rm 1500.00 with 3-4 dependents
(3) orphans living with aging grandparents with or without income
(4) abandoned children staying relatives whose families with low income and high number of dependents
Submitted By : Ln Ng Tuck Heng