Club : Lions Club of Kuala Lumpur Pantai Hills
Club No. : 054858
Sponsor Club : Lions Club of Kuala Lumpur (Host)
Charter Date : 7 September 1993
Charter President : Susan Low (Deceased)
Centennial President (2016-2017) : Dr Kogila Hari Krishnan
Project Name : Painting of School Compound Walls at SRJK (C) Yoke Kuan, Sekinchan
Project Description :
This project was carried out together with our Sister Clubs, Lions Club of Medan Angsapura and Lions Club of Singapore Goldhill. A survey was conducted on the feasibility of this project. We found that the School walls needs to be painted as the paints has been worn out. The School was unable to get it painted and they were very happy that our Club is willing to paint for them. A signboard with the names of the 3 Lions Clubs was installed at the entrance of the School stating that the 3 Clubs sponsored the Painting of the School Compound Walls. A simple ceremony was held and teachers and PIBG Chairman of the School were there to welcome us and thanked us for this meaningful project.
1. Objective of the Signature Project
1) To provide a better environment for the School Children.
2) To create awareness to the public that Lions Clubs will be able to help those in need as there is no Lions Club in this area.
3) To create and foster better relationships among the Sister Clubs members.
3. Members Involved
10 to 15 members
5. Man hour spent
Once a year with Sister Clubs
7. Fund needed
RM4,000.00 from each club.
8. Source of Fund
Club’s Project Fund
9. Critical success factor
1) The interest shown by our Sister Clubs in participating joint project with our Club yearly.
2) The joy and happiness from the pupils and teachers of the School.
10. Other info
Our Club together with our Sister Clubs, Lions Club of Medan Angsapura and Lions Club of Singapore Goldhill have yearly carried out legacy projects such as:
1) Installing a big signboard for SRJK Tamil Saraswathy at Jalan Klang Lama
2) Painting work done and installing signboard for IQ 70 Plus, A Home for Mentally Challenged Children at Jalan Gasing, Petaling Jaya.
3) Built a Gazebo for SRJK (C) Tun Tan Siew Sin at Putra Heights, Petaling Jaya.
Submitted By : Margaret Yun